Wednesday, February 6, 2008

9 months old!

As of Monday, Charlie is now 9 months old! We've had fun the last week or so watching him learn to crawl...well, really it's slithering, but I'm sure it will be crawling soon. Here's a couple of videos so you can see for yourself...





Charlie is able to support his own weight on his feet now. He just has no balance though so you have to still keep your hands on him. He is content to sit and play on his mat with his toys for a little while now. (This means I can take a potty break without toting him with me.) :) He loves music and he absolutely loves books. He loves to turn the pages. One of the ladies that keeps him on Sunday mornings during Sunday school mentioned to me the other day that he loves books. I just grinned and nodded. He has this noisy farm book that he just squeals and giggles over. I'll try and get it on video and post it. It's really funny to watch him.

Charlie's eating well and has taken quite well to the homemade baby food. He really just enjoys being able to eat off my plate and drink out of my cup. He's able to eat foods that can be mashed so I don't have to puree everything. This has caused him not to nurse as often but I guess that's part of him learning to eat solid food.

Charlie is still sleeping well through the night. We try and give him a bath at 8:00 and put him to bed after that. He will normally sleep until 8:00 the next morning. Sometimes, he wakes an hour or so after he's gone to sleep. Somehow, we manage to get him back down and he will sleep till morning. And, sometimes, like last night, it's impossible to get him to go back to sleep (or I just get tired of trying) and he gets to sleep in the bed with Daniel and me.

No teeth yet. You can see the bottom two under the gums but they haven't cut through. Well, I think that's about it. Here is a picture I took of Charlie on Sunday in his "looking good" clothes...


One more thing...Charlie got his first "boo boo" yesterday. I had him sitting on the floor in front of the couch, playing. I had pushed the coffee table out some but apparently not enough. I, inevitably, looked away for a second and bam! he knocked his forehead on the lower shelf of the coffee table. I felt awful! It hurt my heart so bad! So, in the usual monthly pictures, you can see the evidence on his forehead...

No comments: