Charlie went for his 9 month check-up last Friday. He only had to get one shot this time. Everything went well. The nurse and pediatrician just asked the usual questions such as bedtimes, naptimes, what time we wakes in the mornings, is he on solid food, is he eating well, can he crawl, can he clap his hands together, does he respond to his name, can he pick things up using the pincer grasp, is he saying things like da-da and ba-ba, etc. Those are the main ones I can remember. If interested, here are the answers to all the above questions: - Bedtime is around 8:30 p.m.
- Charlie takes two naps during the day, which normally last around an hour.
- He usually wakes up around 8:00 a.m.
- He is eating lots of solid food. He is on to eating pureed meat along with his veggies. His veggies include green split peas, carrots, green beans, black-eyed peas, sweet potatoes, and squash, all cooked by yours truly! yay! He even ate beets the other day. I couldn't get up the nerve to try them. :) I've got some aspargus in the fridge that needs to be cooked. We'll see if he likes it too. He hasn't turned his nose up at anything yet, which I am thankful.
- So I guess you could say he is eating well.
- He can't quite crawl yet but is learning. He's still doing the military crawl (on the belly).
- He doesn't clap his hands together yet but now that I know he should be doing it soon, I've been trying to get him to do it constantly, mainly with pat-a-cake.
- Charlie does respond to his name when he wants to.
- He can pick things up using the pincer grasp (thumb and pointer finger) but not as well as you or I can.
- We are hearing sounds similar to da-da and ba-ba but you have to really be listening.
Here are Charlie's measurements from his check-up:
Weight: 19 pounds 12 ounces (45%)
Height: 28 1/2" (75%)
Head Circumference: 18 1/2" (90%)
Charlie has figured out how to use his sippy cup. I was watching him tonight at dinner turn the cup up. It's amazing the little things that mean so much. I also got him to hold his own bottle today. I knew he had the capability since he loves to play with cups. He just has never really had to do it on his own. I left Wal-Mart today and knew that Charlie needed to nurse. I didn't want to sit in the car and feed him his bottle so I just fixed it, put his hands on it where he could hold it, and let go. He did well for the most part. He's still learning to turn it up. It was nice because I was able to get in the car and leave with him in his seat drinking his bottle on his own.
Well, that's alot more than I had planned on posting. Sometimes it just keeps coming.
No comments:
Post a Comment