Saturday, September 8, 2012

Atlanta Botanical Gardens

September 6, 2012 - Charlie's school took a field trip to the Atlanta Botanical Gardens.  I tagged along as a chaperone.  Since it was September, everything was still pretty and green.  Many of the summer blooms were gone but you didn't really notice.  We had our own tour guide and she was fabulous!  She said she's a retired Kindergarten teacher so she knew just how to handle this rowdy bunch of kids.  :) 

We toured the Children's garden and walked the SkyWalk.  I'll just let the pictures mostly speak for themselves.

Learning about trees...
 Digging for dinosaur bones...
How tall are you in comparison to a sunflower?
 There was a section that taught you about the metamorphosis of a caterpillar to a butterfly...
The kids had fun trying to see how many frogs they could spot in the frog pond...
 Do you see them?
 Each of the kids had their turn yelling into the Echo Stone...
There was a cute section that was based around the story of Peter Cottontail...
The gardens were full of beautiful water features...
Here are pictures of some of the beauty of the plants and trees throughout the gardens...
Here is the SkyWalk...
And, like the rest of the gardens, you never know what cool thing you'd come upon...
I'm looking forward to going back one day in the spring or fall.  I bet it is just as fabulous as late summer!

No comments: