Is Philip really that close to a year old!?! Wow! He is definitely coming into his own personality and it's such a joy to watch it develop. Philip is still very laid back. Sweet baby. He has always been a wiggle worm but now that he's approaching that being on the move milestone, he's more wiggly than ever! It will exhaust you trying to contain him!Philip is making small strides towards crawling but that's about the extent of it. He may just skip the crawling thing though and go straight to walking. Until then, I guess Philip is content to roll everywhere. We've had to start the habit of closing the gate to the stairs because you turn your head and Philip is a few feet from where you left him. No longer is he just moving from sitting to his belly...he's rolling across the floor. Philip is trying to pull up to his knees but no success. I have started to get him to stand more so he's gaining some strength in his legs.
Daniel and I are blessed to have a baby who eats and sleeps well. I just don't think I will ever fill up Philip. :) He eats whatever you give him and stops eating when either you make him or the food runs out. I have begun giving him his food as finger foods which means lots of dicing (which I hate to dice but oh well). So mealtime is longer now but I get to eat my food before it gets cold. I'm still spoon feeding him a good bit of his food but he seems to like feeding himself. Philip has also started grabbing the spoon when I feed him. He will put it in his mouth if I let go of it. From there he just chews on it though. I'm thinking the rubber tip on the spoon is a good teething toy on those top two teeth.
As for sleeping, Philip just naps the day away and will then go back to sleep for his 11-12 hour night. I guess he's eating good enough that some days he sleeps right through lunch. I feed him when he gets up in the afternoon but like today, he ate breakfast at around 8 am and it's 3:15 now and he's still asleep and hasn't eaten since bfast. He fell asleep in the car on the way home from the church building so I just let him sleep. Sometimes though he'll combine his am nap and his pm nap into one LONG nap. He did that yesterday as well. Went down for a nap around 10 am and woke up at 2:30 pm.
Philip has technically said his first word...which, to my excitement, was mama! Most of the time it's mamama but I'll take it! Charlie's first sounds were dadada but I'm sure he says mama much more than daddy these days so it's only natural that Philip's would be mama. There are days that I want to change my name. :) He has figured out the bababa sounds too. Philip has discovered that he can make many sounds with his mouth including popping his lips and blowing raspberries. He'll talk some baby talk and it is increasing each day as well as the volume level!
I only have a limited number of pictures of Philip for this month...mainly because the little thang won't sit still and/or won't quit putting dirt/grass/sticks in his mouth. I can't set him on an elevated surface because he lunges forward at me and falls off. I have the wounds to prove it from having to dop to my knees to catch him. So far so good...no wounds on him. I have a bunch of pics from the day I took some but most are blurry. :\
This one needs the caption, "Here Charlie. Want some?"
I have just about given up on the bear pics. He just tries to eat it. This is the best one I got.
And still my little thumb sucker...
I zoomed in on this one so that you can see the little curls. This is how Charlie's curly head started so time will tell...
No comments:
Post a Comment