He had school this morning and they celebrated there too. I sent a chocolate chip cookie cake for the kids to enjoy. Pics are coming soon. I didn't stay for this part of his day so I'm hoping to get a few pics from his teacher.
After Philip's nap this afternoon, we headed to Toys R Us. We stopped at the customer service desk and they gave Charlie a birthday balloon and a birthday crown. He was all excited over the balloon but wouldn't wear the crown. Later, they made an announcement over the intercom in the store that it was Charlie's birthday, that he was four today, that he was wearing a crown and had a balloon and for everyone to wish him a "Happy Birthday" when they saw him. :) I just thought that was neat. He didn't even pay attention to it though as he was too distracted by all the things in the store.
Charlie spotted the tricycles first so he headed straight for them. He tried out three or four of them and one in particular he told me was his favorite and that it needed to go home with him. He compromised with me by me letting him ride it through the store to look at other things.
His favorite aisle was, by far, the power wheels aisle!
I think he got in/on every car, truck, tractor and four-wheeler that they had! 
We looked at books, toyboxes and video games. And then we found the Thomas the train table. 
We were here a while. It was awful trying to get him to leave but the promise of dinner at Chick-Fil-A helped...a little. He did get to take something home though...
Dinner at Chick-Fil-A was our next stop and then on to the church building for Bible Study. Charlie fell asleep in the car on the way home which is unusual for him so I guess he had a fun birthday!Happy 4th Birthday my sweet Charlie! We have enjoyed these last four years watching you learn and grow. It is a joy to see how compassionate you are to others and especially to your little brother. You do test us alot but I know that is how you learn. School is a joy for you each time you go and they love you just as much in return. I think you would spend hours playing with your cars and trains if someone was there with you. You are a mama's boy but I am thankful that you love me that much. Your dad is your favorite playmate but you keep telling me that Philip is your best friend. So my prayer is that we have many more wonderful years with you and that you do grow up to be a "faithful Christian". We love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment