Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Philip - 8 months old

Well, atleast I'm getting the post in before Philip's 9 months old. :) So, if you haven't already figured it out...Philip is now 8 months old! I cannot imagine life without the little fella. That goes for both my boys even when they push me to my breaking point. Philip is just the sweetest thing. He's so easy-going. I remember Charlie being pretty laid back but not like Philip.

He has reached the separation anxiety phase of life though. I am hovering in doorways out of sight again just for anyone else to hold him, even Daniel. If he catches glimpse of me and I don't immediately come talk to him or more importantly, pick him up, he is not a happy camper! I love that he loves me and wants to be with only me but this mama needs a break every now and then. He's fine if he can't see me so I've gotten good at the disappearing act.My little chunky monkey continues to live up to his nickname. That boy can eat! I've yet to fill him up. I think he gets bored eating before he gets full. As long as you are putting it in his mouth, he eats. However, this has caused him to not nurse as often, especially since he started eating meats. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not at his age but the boy's not starving so I'm not too worried about it. Philip gets that good milk first thing in the morning and before he goes to bed. He'll nurse once or twice during the day as well. Now that Philip has hit that 8 month mark, he's been trying some new foods. I mentioned meat. He's also moved on to more yogurt (which he LOVES). Philip sees that yogurt container and he just about can't stay in his seat from all the bouncing and kicking. He'll let you know pretty quickly if you aren't feeding it to him fast enough. Cheese, such as cottage cheese, and different vegetables that take a little more developed stomach to digest like broccoli, cauliflower, etc. Philip has yet to turn his nose up at anything. He also loves his sippy cup. Philip has learned to use it well and responds to it about like his yogurt cup. You'd think he was just dying of thirst that way he goes after that sippy cup!

I've noticed alot of changes in Philip over the last few weeks. He is really beginning to explore the things around him. Philip loves to shake things, especially things that make noise. I've seen him do his little dance to music. He is also all into playing with things he can take out of a container or basket. Most everything still goes to the mouth but I guess that's just his way of exploring it.

No teeth yet. I can feel the bottom two just below the gumline so we'll see how long it is before one breaks through. He doesn't seem to be bothered by them yet.

Philip is still a great sleeper. He takes two naps a day. On days that Charlie goes to school, his morning nap is usually broken up into the trips there and back. If those get cut a little short, he makes up for it in his afternoon nap. He's usually in bed by 7:30 or 8:00 pm and will sleep until about 7:00 or 7:30 am. Yes, I'm lucky that way. :) I went in to wake him up this morning because it was one of Charlie's school days, and it was so hard to do. I just had to take a picture of this sweet moment...Charlie is doing great with Philip. He still tends to be a little rough but what boy isn't. Philip doesn't seem to mind. They play together alot. Charlie seems to really enjoy this as much as Philip does. They will just sit and play with toys in the floor. Charlie is great to keep Philip entertained and loves to do peek-a-boo or get Philip to giggle at him. Charlie also loves to tickle Philip. Philip is really ticklish too so he gets excited over this. I love the look on Philip's face as he looks at his big brother Charlie. It is such a look of admiration. I'm sure it will always be that way. I wanted to remember the sweet playing moments between the two because I know my days are numbered when they are this calm together...As with Charlie, I always try and get a picture with a bear, given to them from their NaNa (Aunt Stacey). And, as with Charlie, it has gotten to be a challenge to do this with Philip. I did manage to get a couple of good ones though. I just laugh at the others though. One is "Get out of my picture, bear!" So below is our photo session with Mr. Bear. This will give you a pretty good idea of Philip at 8 months old...This one is, by far, my favorite though...

No comments: