We've been trying to get Philip to go to sleep earlier as I mentioned in a previous post. I've been trying the things the pediatrician recommended. Monday night, I fed Philip around 10:30 or so but he was falling asleep so I put him in the bath. That woke him up good. Afterwards, I let him finish nursing. He was beginning to get fussy so I put him in his bouncy seat. I quickly realized he was just fighting sleep so I picked him up and went to lay him down. I decided that since he has been sleeping so well in his crib for naps that I would try it instead of the cradle in our room. I took him in and rocked him a little while until he was very sleepy. I laid him in his crib and walked out. Success! I didn't really like the idea of him sleeping in there all night but I knew it had to be done at some point. It was just really hard to do for this mama. And, due to that feeling, I went in to check on him around midnight. It, of course, woke him up. :( I rocked him for a little bit but he was fighting me pretty hard. I remembered a swaddling thing that a friend of mine handed down to me. I pulled it out and wrapped Philip up. I rocked and bounced him a little longer and he finally drifted back to sleep. I didn't have to feed him! He then slept until about 6:30 am! woo hoo!
Last night, I was hoping we would have the same success...and we did! I nursed him around 9:45. He began to fight sleep around 10:45 so I took him to his room and rocked him a little while. He just kept fighting me so I decided just to lay him down and let him tire himself out a little by crying. Within a couple of minutes, he was quiet and went on to sleep...at 11:00! Not 12:00 or 1:00 or 2:00 am! I did chance checking on him again but was successful in not waking him up this time. He had gotten quiet so quickly that it made me worry. So, I looked in on him...sleeping like a baby. :) I then took advantage and went to bed just in case he woke up at 1 or 2 and wanted to stay up a while. I was in bed by 11:30! When Daniel's alarm went off this morning, I was still asleep in the bed and hadn't gotten up during the night. Philip woke up around 6:00 am. That's 7 hours of sleep for him! Can you tell I'm excited!?!
Also, last night, I went to put Charlie to bed and realized we were out of pull-ups. So, for the first time ever, Charlie went to bed for the night in big boy underwear. I was sure to get him to tee tee before going to sleep. And...he woke up dry! He did wet his pants about 15 minutes after he got up but he was dry through the night! :) I tried to get him to go to the potty when he got up but my little strong-willed child refused. He's used to being in a pull-up for a while after he gets up. (Yes, I'm lazy.) Due to this success though, I think I'm going to not buy any more pull-ups and see if I can get him trained at night.
So...there's lots of progress being made in the Ward house!
No comments:
Post a Comment