This led to many hours spent at the Hall house (which I don’t think they were complaining about). Daniel spent a few nights with his mom at her house while his dad was in the hospital so that was a little strange for us but he just said it felt like old times before we were married. I would have said the same except that I had a two year old staying with me.
On Thanksgiving Day, Daniel’s extended family on his mom’s side, always get together to eat dinner. It’s a potluck and is always such good food! We did go and visit a while and fixed Daniel’s parents a plate to take back to the hospital.
On Friday night, we celebrated Thanksgiving at my parents’ house. My sister and BIL had to work that Friday so we ate once they made it to the house after work. Mom always fixes some of our favorites so I was looking forward to this meal. I mainly just wanted to eat her brown rice and pumpkin pie. If that’s all I had, I would have been happy.
So we filled our bellies quite full for a few days.
Grandma and Grandpa took Charlie to the playground in town. I tagged along just so I could get pictures. We visited it on Thanksgiving Day so we were the only ones there. Here are pics from our playtime:
Charlie has really come a long way with his vocabulary. He had recently begun to use a different name for my mom so that they both aren’t “wee” anymore. For the first part of the week, Charlie was calling her “dada”. This is what he calls everything that he hasn’t figured out how to say its’ name. But, one morning, Charlie came in and started calling her “am-ma”. It took us a minute to figure out what he was saying since we weren’t used to him calling her that but it finally dawned on me that he had figured out her name! That was so cool to me!
We also made a couple of visits to Daniel’s grandmother’s house. She had been sick the first part of the week so we didn’t get to see her until Wednesday. One of the funniest things that Charlie does with her is playing with her mirror. He doesn’t forget a thing so he remembered it from our last visit a few weeks before.
Charlie would get upset and start to pitch a fit and she would go, “oh. oh.” and would pull out a little mirror she had close by and say, “Change that face to a pretty one.” He just thought this was funny and would just smile. So when we visited her, he would just out of the blue make an upset face and she would pull out the mirror and say, “change that face to a pretty one.” and he would laugh. It was just funny because just every so often during our visit, he would think about it and make a bad face. Out would come the mirror.
Here is the usual picture of Charlie and Big that I try and take each time we visit. They are playing cars.




No comments:
Post a Comment