Wednesday, June 13, 2007
charlie moments
I had the most wonderful experience with Charlie last night. He and I were lying on the couch together. He was lying beside me and was really fussy. I think it was about midnight or so. I had tried everything to soothe him but nothing seemed to work. I was getting pretty frustrated but have learned that it doesn't do much good to get upset. I had read somewhere that infants love to hear their mother's voice so I began to talk constantly to him. No luck. So, I began to sing. I sang any song that popped into my head, "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star", "Rock-A-Bye Baby", "Blue Skies and Rainbows", etc. As I sang Charlie began to calm down. He got to where he was just intently watching me as I sang. I just kept on as long as he was calm. I probably sang for 30 minutes or more. He eventually drifted off to sleep. I don't know if I was just so worn out from soothing him or just overwhelmed by my emotions but it hit me that this was my little boy and I'm his mom. I just laid there, staring at him, crying my eyes out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment